Classes > Poplar Class
- Teachers: Miss Ives and Mrs Fisk
- Teaching Assistants: Mr Robinson, Mrs Maller and Miss Davis
English: A range of text types will be produced based on the theme of RMS Titanic. Work will include researching lots of information about the ship, a non-chronological report about icebergs and a newspaper article. Grammar, punctuation, comprehension, guided reading, handwriting, spelling and phonics activities will continue. (Y6: Revision work and preparation for SATs).
The curriculum that children in Poplar class are following Spring Term:
Maths: All four operations (addition, multiplication, division and subtraction) and word problems. Shapes, fractions and decimals. (Y6: Revision work and preparation for SATs).
Science: Evolution and inheritance
Art: Clarice Cliff
PSHE: Good to be me; Relationships
RE: Hinduism - beliefs and questions; Buddhism - journey of life and death
DT: Cooking - soup
Music: Y5 - Brass; Y6 - listening to and evaluating different types of music.
PE: Tag rugby; Dance
- The curriculum that children in Poplar class are following Autum term:
English: Oranges In No Man’s Land, Bedd Gelert, non-fiction based on the Mayan topic, comprehension, spellings, phonics, grammar and handwriting.
Maths: The four operations, word problems and a range of maths skills.
Science: Animals including humans and light
History: The Mayans
RE: Christianity and Islam
PSHE: New Beginnings, It’s Good To Be Me, Crucial Crew visit
Art: Drawing and stone painting
French: À l’école and en ville
ICT: Online Safety
- To read more detailed information about the new national curriculum please click on the following link:
A guide for parents: Year Six (pdf)
- If you require any further information about the curriculum in Poplar Class, please speak to the class teacher, Miss Ives.