Classes > Hawthorn Class
- Teacher: Mr Rutland
- Teaching Assistant: Mrs Alexander
- The curriculum that children in Hawthorn class are following Spring Term:
English: A range of text types will be produced based on the theme of RMS Titanic. Work will include researching lots of information about the ship, a non-chronological report about icebergs and a newspaper article. Grammar, punctuation, comprehension, guided reading, handwriting, spelling and phonics activities will continue.
Maths: All four operations (addition, multiplication, division and subtraction) and word problems. Shapes, fractions and decimals.
Science: Evolution and inheritance
Art: Clarice Cliff
PSHE: Good to be me; Relationships
RE: Hinduism - beliefs and questions; Buddhism - journey of life and death
DT: Cooking - soup
Music: Y5 - Brass
PE: Tag rugby; Dance
- Please click on the link below to view the curriculum that children in Hawthorn class are following Autumn Term:
Hawthorn Class welcome letter & curriculum map (pdf)
- To read more detailed information about the new national curriculum please click on the following link:
A guide for parents: Year Five (pdf)
- If you require any further information about the curriculum in Hawthorn Class, please speak to the class teachers, Ms Denham and Mr Copley.