Classes > Beech Class
- Teachers: Ms Denham and Mr Copley
- Teaching Assistants: Mrs Shimmon, Miss Davis, Mrs Maller
- The curriculum that children in Beech class are following term:
English: Oranges In No Man’s Land, Bedd Gelert (poem), non-fiction based on the Mayan topic, comprehension, spellings, phonics, grammar and handwriting.
Maths: The four operations, word problems, regular skills checks (Assertive Mentoring), properties of shapes, understanding and using fractions, and learning number facts including multiplication tables to 12 x 12.
Science: Animals including humans - changes as humans develop from birth to old age; the human circulatory system; the impact of diet, exercise, drugs and lifestyle on our bodies; Light - how light travels and is reflected.
History: The Mayans (including a presentation in a visiting theatrical ‘dome’)
RE: Christianity and Islam
PSHE: New Beginnings, It’s Good To Be Me (Crucial Crew visit for Y6)
Art: Drawing and stone painting
French: À l’école and En ville
ICT: Online Safety, Coding
PE: Tennis/Hockey and Fitness/Gymnastics
- To read more detailed information about the new national curriculum please click on the following link:
A guide for parents: Year Five (pdf)
A guide for parents: Year Six (pdf)
- If you require any further information about the curriculum in Beech Class, please speak to the class teacher, Mr Rutland.