We are proud of our school. Our key aim at Saxmundham Primary School is to enable each individual child to enjoy their time with us and reach their full potential.
We achieve this by quality teaching through a broad curriculum and also by offering our children a rich learning experience which includes clear links to their community and to different cultures. There is a strong focus upon raising standards of attainment and on the progress of each pupil. This means encouraging confidence in communications with others, as well as the fundamentals of learning to read, write and work with numbers. High standards of work across the curriculum are produced by our children, and they take a pride in their achievements. In addition to our core curriculum, our children access many extra activities including:
- Visits to a number of stimulating venues.
- Learning to play a variety of musical instruments, singing a diverse range of music and taking part in concerts.
- A wide range of sporting activities.
- Learning about the local environment within our boundary and beyond.
The school is renowned for the quality of its pastoral care. We aspire to create an environment in which our children can learn self-discipline and develop respect for all within the school, the community, and the wider world.
We warmly invite you to come and experience this for yourselves.
- To create an environment that is happy, stimulating and industrious; one in which children can acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to their future.
- To help children become reliable, responsible and resourceful.
- To help children develop confidence and independence.
- To enable children to reach their full potential, regardless of academic ability.
- To help children develop a tolerant and caring attitude, showing respect and understanding of others.
- To establish a friendly and trusting relationship between home and school so that we may work together for the good of the children.
We are fortunate to have a modern school building with excellent facilities.
We welcome all children whose parents wish them to attend Saxmundham Primary School. The school admission policy (please see end of this brochure) will be used to determine the availability of places. Children are welcome to join our school at any time during their primary years.
Children start primary school in the September of the school year in which they become 5 and stay until the July of the school year in which they become 11.